Finding the right supplier is crucial to any successful organisation. The Supplier Development Service aims to help business create effective inter-trading relationships and to provide practical assistance to SMEs in winning private and public sector contracts.
The programme came into existence at the end of 2005. The public sector in Wales spends around ¬£5bn per annum but only 49% of this expenditure stays in Wales. If an extra 1% of this expenditure were to stay in Wales - an extra 2000 jobs would be created. The aim of the programme is ensuring that more public and private sector contratcs are won by busninesses in Wales.
The backbone of the Supplier Development Service is:
- Assistance to businesses to find relevant tendering opportunities, mainly within the public sector.
- Assistance to fill in tender forms and pre-qualification questionnaires.
- A number of events including How To Tender Workshops, Meet the Buyer and Networking events.
- The project website is the National Procurement website www.sell2wales.co.uk.
Key Activities The Project will:
- Help businesses purchase goods and services from local suppliers.
- Help prepare local businesses meet the requirements of buyers operating in both the public and private sector.
- Facilitate the opportunities for businesses to work on a collaborative basis in order to access large contracts.
- Provide up-to-date information to local business on potential contract/business opportunities.
- Develop a comprehensive directory of buyers and suppliers to facilitate inter-trading.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Private sector companies with up to 249 employees, independently owned or with an autonomous base in Wales.
- Community businesses and ‚Äúnot for profit‚ÄĚ social enterprises.
Menter a Busnes is respnsible for delivering the service in the counties of Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbigh, Powys and Ceredigion on behalf of the Welsh Assembly Government. Our partners on the project, Wrexham County Council‚Äės Economic Development Unit is responsible for delivering the service in Wrexham and Flintshire.